Question for Seventh Day Adventists ? - not bashing just need another POV.

There's been several posts saying that Christians (those who have accepted Jesus as their personal savior) are going to hell because they worship on Sunday (the Lord's day) and not Saturday (the sabbath). Is this something that is believed by the entire religion/denomination or just certain sects? Not wanting to bash just getting clarification from other SDA's and not just one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes we all do because worshipping on sunday will will be the mark of the beast after the sunday law is passed and it will be soon
    Anonymous

• anon i believe u to be someone who has posted b4 under 2 diff names... looking 4 answer from other sda's and not one with martyr in the screen name.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe that everyone that worships on Sunday is "going to hell".  I do believe that any who knowingly goes against any of God's commandments for the sake of tradition is treading on dangerous ground. Sunday is not once called the Lord's Day in the Bible,this is man's tradition. It was originally the day of the week set aside for literal sun worship. (Look it up for yourself) The my studies of the Bible, of the history of the Sun-day tradition and the fact that God never recanted the fourth commandment, the fact that Jesus kept the true Sabbath-- all helped to convict me to obey God rather than man.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• The Sabbath commandment is the only one which begins with REMEMBER. It is a sign of to Whom we give our worship..."for in six days the LORD made Heaven and Earth, the sea and all that in them isand rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. "(Exodus 20:11)
    It stands to reason that the fourth commandment would be the one Satan would set out to attack.Most of Christiandom honors the man-appointed "holy" day. The sabbath isn't just about attending church, but spending time with our Creator in service, praise, and worship on the day HE blessed and hallowed.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• ok the first church met on sunday... acts 20:7 On the first day of the week , we gathered to observe the Lord's Supper. Paul was preaching; and since he was leaving the next day, he talked until midnight.

Colossians 2:16.So don't let anyone pass judgment on you in connection with eating and drinking, or in regard to a Jewish festival or Rosh-Hodesh or Shabbat.

this is just two examples of biblical truths of worshiping on Sunday.

Anonymous

• i'm the OP: for the purpose of this post I will be addressing u lexylex and not cruzsheila21 - she has posted under 3 different names and is one of the reasons this question was generated.

Thanks for your answers so far. Not saying i necessarily agree but am thankful for a detailed explaination of SDA beliefs.
    Anonymous

• Like I said I am gong to sugar coat it now but if you want to know more about the sabbath go here.

http://www.sabbathtruth.com/

cruzsheila21

Answer by cruzsheila21 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• cruzsheila21, sheilathemartyr, martyrmomma or whatever else u want to change ur screen name to... after the things u've posted there's nothing u can say that i would look at... u have a pastor that is taking u down a very wrong path so no thanks.
    Anonymous

• If you believe in Scripture read Colossians 2:16-17. I do not care what denomination you are this passage is very clear. I stand on scripture not a church or a denominations teaching. Anyone who wants to judge will answer to God and His word.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Sunday only becomes the mark of the beast after sunday law passes. Just like Sabbath only becomes the seal of God after sunday law is put into affect. We are still on probation here but soon that will be finished. Jesus is cleansing the sanctuary in heaven right now of our sins. But personally do I believe this HELL NO! I do not believe that God would damn anyone just cause they didn't worship him on the right day! Justl ike I dont think we are going to hell because we ate shrimp or lobster or pork. Aslo piercings or tattoos I do not think are going to send us to hell either, I honestly in my heart feel that as long as we love God with all of our heart and soul and mind that we are saved. Doesn't matter what day we worshipped or what we did and did not eat. Or even if we read fiction or wore jewellery. What matters is if we love God. But that's just me... I don't know if I am right..........
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009