Help! My inner thighs and around vagina are dark in color. What is this?

I am fair skinned and this looks like dirt but it isn't. I have just noticed the change in the last 2 weeks. What is wrong with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Health

• not to sound rude, but do your legs rub together when you walk? in a lot of women if thier legs are constantly rubbing against eachother adn the fabric of thier clothes will make it to this.
    Anonymous

• I asked my doctor this once, and he said that it was somewhat common in women to have darker inner thighs and the area kind of around your vagina to be darker as well. Something about how the hormones and blood flow in your system react to stimuli. He tried explaining it to me, but I wasn't really getting it all. Mine happened after my son was born, so I was concerned about it.
    Anonymous

• In my experience, working in Labor/ Delivery, I've noticed that more in women with at least one child, like it happens (sometime) after the first delivery. I don't know why or why you might notice it if you haven't had a child.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Could you be bruised?
    Anonymous