Where can I find a needy family?

I am cleaning dd's room for the Christmas motherload she is sure to receive. This is her third Christmas and I have yet to get rid of anything she's ever gotten. She rarely plays with most of her stuff, and a lot of it is pretty much like brand new because she just never found it that interesting. I'd like to gather the barely used stuff and give it to someone who really needs it for their kids Christmas...but how can I find someone needy? I know tons of people who would probably take it just because it's free...but I don't wanna take it to Goodwill because then they still charge for it and I'd like it to be a real gift. I have clothes and shoes too that dd can't wear and that I don't like enough to save for the new baby if it's a girl. All nearly new, no stains or anything. Any ideas? Dd is two, so they would all be for kids that age or younger. Not that that makes a diff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In my area, I see a ton of people post things on CraigsList.org asking for help for a family they know or for themselves.

Kuddos for your charitable spirit! GL!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 4:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Maybe donate it to a shelter?

Anonymous

• needy family... RIGHT HERE!
    Ok for real maybe you could try to organize a church thing, or maybe something at the community center..... even a food bank. Find a few people to do it with you and set up like a store or yard sale and just give the toys or sell them for $1.... something like that
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 4:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I'm not sure where you are, but here in Canada we can donate to The Salvation Army for Christmas as they help out families who can not afford it for Christmas. I am also donating this year but my story is a little different then yours. I lost a son 4 years ago and prior to his Angel date he had a ton of brand new little boy toys given to him for different reasons, so this year i am donating most of them to a little boy who is around the age of 6, for Christmas. But i also am wondering how i should go about my donating, because i want to make sure the toys will go to a little boy around that age and one who will appreciate the toys, or i should say, whom is in need of them due to the lack of family funding. I wish you the best of luck!
    LilStar9905

Answer by LilStar9905 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Try a teen pregnancy center. They always need baby items,
    Anonymous

• If you can't find a local family donate it to a women's shelter. Most bring kids with them and leave with nothing so anything you donate will def go to use.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• OP- I thought of salvation army...I just always thought those toys had to be in their original packaging. These are not still packaged, but they were barely touched because dd just has too many to play with them all...and she seems to like simpler more imaginative toys better than expensive flashy ones...so the ten million I spent buying her every baby gadget on the planet for her first birthday was pretty much pointless. Oh, and Lilstar...I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine!
    Anonymous

• ME. give me some money
    Anonymous

• Cafe Mom group: Moms Helping Moms
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• OP- Um, no. No money...sorry. I can still use the money I have, the toys are just sitting there not being played with!
    Anonymous