Experiences

Does anyone have unusual or unique experiences they encounter during pregnancy towards their last month of pregnancy?

Mommy2Be1212009

Asked by Mommy2Be1212009 at 4:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe not THAT unusual... My water broke and I didn't go into labor (for over a week).
    It was "odd" to be gushing fluid and walking around the neighborhood, shopping for groceries, playing fribsee in the park...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• the only unususal thing for me was when i went into labor, i couldnt feel the contractions. i happen to be at my 39 week apt and the doctor asked "so how long have you been having contractions?" and i didnt even know i was. i ended up being enduced since labor didnt progress on its own, and they wanted to make sure i was there to monitor.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 4:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• well, i'm 39 weeks now & over the past couple days it kinda feels like my legs are going to fall out of my hips when i walk/move. from everything stretching & baby pushing & whatnot...it's very strange. oh, and since she started dropping, i've gotten this pinching, pushing feeling on the very inside of my vagina like i'm being kicked from the inside. all very strange...
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 5:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• whne the water breaks u have to either deliver or if u wait to long u could spike a fever an get infection so unlikely someone could go a week with out delivering a baby because the baby needs that water to survive so im assuming that the top question is inacurate sorry but not likely adoctor would let you go that long ! anyways a rash or iching is unusual in the last few weeks of being pregnant good luck!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• ohmama, thanks for your concern.
    But I know what happened (I was there) and I am not mistaken or ignorant. I certainly did care for myself as well as receive excellent medical care in that 8-day period. My PROM story was not the record-setter in that practice-- there were other women to have ruptured membranes longer than mine. This is why I said: "maybe not THAT unusual."

doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2009