what happens if you don't pay for an ebay item you won?

ebay non pay

mommyofone740

Asked by mommyofone740 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• your score goes down and when people read you didnt pay they wont buy from you
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• the seller can report you and you can lose your ability to have an ebay account. if there is a legitimate reason you are not paying, i suggest contacting ebay or the seller - see if you can work it out. ebay offers an option to sellers to sell an item to someone who bid but did not win. if you weren't the only one bidding, you can respectfully request that the seller use that option...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• If you don't pay and they don't send the product to you, you can cancel the order and explain your reasons. If you just refuse to pay then you will be banned from ebay. If they purchase is mailed and you do not pay the seller and ebay BOTH have the right to file criminal theft charges against you.

You should simply contact the seller and let them know you are no longer interested in the purchase. You can work things out from there.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• If you don't want the item and you have won the bid, please write the Seller and explain the situation. Most Sellers will be very understand and grateful that you contacted them. Then you can mutually agree to cancel the transaction. If you, however, feel the need to just not pay, or nor acknowledge the Seller, you will wind up in trouble with eBay. Like I said, a little courtesy goes along way.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I am just long this question because I had an issue with a seller from ebay! I bought a used iopd, the description said "Great working used ipod. It's great because I took great care of it" Sound super right? Well I got the ipod and it didn't work....AT ALL! I asked for a refund she said no, told me that I broke and she didn't do refunds. I then filed a claim against her and won. Now she has to give my money back! So, the seller can do many things aside from just reporting you.....if they file a claim you could still have to pay and NOT get the item. Try talking with the seller first.....they can't all be as hateful at the 1 I just had to deal with!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• The seller get screwed out of the listing fees.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• how_reb, yes buyers can file SNAD's with paypal, but the seller can't do the reverse and have paypal force the buyer to pay without receiving the item.

A seller's recourse is to file an unpaid item dispute with eBay, if the buyer doesn't respond or says they no longer than the item the seller will recoup their listing and final value fees and the buyer will receive an unpaid item strike....eBay has a three strikes and you are out. As a buyer, get three strikes against you and your account will be removed and you will not be allowed to create a new account under the same name, addy or bank account.credit card you may have on file.

If for any reason a buyer simply can now no longer afford the item, the RESPONCIBLE thing to do is contact the seller, explain, and ask for a mutal withdrawl, both parties agree to not follow through, seller gets fees back and buyer does NOT get a strike!!!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Don't stiff your seller---they need money too. If you don't have the money, don't bid. It aint fair to us sellers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2009