Homebased daycare lady said she wont be able to keep my 21 mnth old

Hello Moms

I have a 21 mnth old baby girl. I was a stay at home mom and student til now. So my baby has been with only me and my husband. I recently found a job which I have to start in one weeks time. I put my daughter to home based daycare since past 3 days.

On 3rd day, day care lady called saying ur bby is crying a lot. She cries throughout the day. This is affecting other kids and other kids are not able to do any kind of activities because of that. So if my baby doesn't stop crying in one weeks time then she will have to let her go......

Please help with some advice. It is very very tough to get job in this economy plus we bought a new house and we need money badly. My daughter is a good girl, she shares her toys. She is dealing with separation anxiety and is very close to me.

I love my daughter to let her cry throughout the day....but also need money...don't know what to do. No family members around also to help

Riti_Mom

Asked by Riti_Mom at 4:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Separation anxiety is common and usually dissipates when parent and careprovider work together to soothe and assure your daughter. My big concern is the attitude your care provider is showing - an ultimatum instead of working together for solutions and the child`s benefit? I think your energy might better be spent finding a more nurturing environment - if she is crying all day, she may not be feeling comfortable and it may not be the best place for her.
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 5:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• that is pretty normal behavior for a 21mo old when starting going to daycare. that said if your daycare lady doesn't understand that than start looking into other daycares. Tell her you need at least a 2week notice if she wants you to find a different provider. There are many daycares out there and they are hurting for lack of kids right now because so many parents are out of work. You will be able to find someone else. Hers is not the only show in town.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 5:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I totally agree with lisalulu.....one week is not enough time for a child to get used to a new environment, and the lady doesnt seem to be too patient if in 3 days shes already complaintning, I would suggest finding someone else or maybe even a big daycare where theyll be plenty of poeple to watch her, and she wont distract the other kids....you have to do alot of talking with her about how shell have lots of fun, and youll pick her up right after class is over....dont give up and not take teh job, I can tell you from experience I never worked because my first daughter would cry at the daycare and i did her alot of wrong by not leaving her there to get used to, because she is now in first grade and still cries in teh mornings!! shell accomodate quickly dont feel bad leaving her, but change places for sure!
    kassynkayla

Answer by kassynkayla at 5:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Is there anyway you can find a new daycare? There is usually a number you can call for your county and they can recommend licensed daycare providers. Sorry if you already tried that.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 6:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Thank you all for the comforting words. Asking for 2 weeks notice time is a very good idea. May god always keep you, your kids and family smiling forever.
    Riti_Mom

Answer by Riti_Mom at 11:16 AM on Nov. 13, 2009