does anybody buy their kids high end clothes? whats the most you've ever spent??

i really want to dress my kids in designer clothes but i'm conflicted. advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Shopping

• Buying them new are crazy. I buy my daughter gently used name brands and no one knows the difference or cares. Be prepared.......once u turn them into label whores they wont go back.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• you go to the back of the store where the sales are....nobody ever knows....either that or you buy a yr in advance when the items go on sale.....the key word here is SALE....
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I buy some name brand on sale or with a coupon. Sometimes I will buy second hand if I can find them. Mostly she wears childrens place. We have some Kohls, target, gymboree and Justice, Lands End, old navy...just depends on if thier is a sale. I wish i could shop gymboree and Gap but I dont like having to get onto her for staining stuff so I usually buy stuff she can wear to school and live in and it doesnt matter if it gets stained. I always buy 1 good pair of good tennis shoes cause i think it is important for her feet. Maybe $40 for shoes max. Most I spent on an outfit was $60 for a jogging suit at Justice (cause we had 40% off..can't imaging payin $100). All the kids at school have been wearing justice and she wanted a few pieces. She is in 2nd grade...cant believe it is already begining!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yes I buy some of my girls clothes from Chasing-Fireflies and LaBella Flora. I do not mind spending extra on clothing because it last them longer then something from Walmart or Target. The most I spent last year was $120 on a dress for my oldest daughter, she was three at the time. Chasing-Fireflies is having an awesome sale right now I just got my order today for the girls Christmas!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 5:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i do... dont worry about it..!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• We buy the majority of our daughters clothes at gymboree and gap. I think they hold up really well, and well worth the money. We also buy her some stuff at Babies R Us and Target for outside clothes that she can get dirty.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 3:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I GO YARD SELLING AND GOODWELLS AND 2ND HAND STORES ! ! U CAN FIND NAME BRAND CLOSE IN THOSE STORES ! ITS MUCH CHEAPER THAT WAY ! !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 9:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I think $15-$20 was the most I spent on something, but I am for clothes that are under $10 or even $5 usually. He's 2 1/2, he goes through clothes way too quickly for me to justify spending a lot of money on them, plus they get so filthy at daycare because they don't use bibs once the kids are out of the Babies room. I do buy most of his clothes new, but its usually the Garanimals stuff which is about $2-$5 anyway.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 2:22 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• My older son is 3.5 and I have not really had to buy him clothes (shoes, yes). We've had so many nice clothes passed on to us. Many of them are Gap, Old Navy, Children's Place. I find the $0 price tag is nice as well as the environmental benefits. It's good to recycle.

Personally, I would not dress my kids in designer clothes unless they were passed on to us or on sale. They don't stay in them long enough or take care of them well enough to justify spending a lot of money IMO. I also think it sends the wrong message if all they know are expensive, designer clothes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:56 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Heck I make a decent living selling them....go to Thrift stores, consignment shops and yard sales and buy Gymboree, Oililly, Hanna Andersson, Ralph Lauren, Janie & Jack for about $1-$3 each and I sell them on eBay for $10-$25 each!!!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2009