How can you let your child live with someone else?

I hear mothers on here all the time talking about yes we are not together the kids live with their father, WTF why? I could never be away from my kids at night and all the time. It would kill me. Does anyone know what I mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• My 16 month old son will be living with my mom for about a month while I work and relocate. It's not something I want to do, but it's better for the family as a whole if he does. Hard choices have to be made sometimes.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 5:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My own personal thought would be sheer ignorance? I couldnt live without my child and NO MAN should ever mean more than your kids, but my neice has chosen to drive that road with her newborn that my sister is raising right now. I dont understand how any woman can leave a child she gave birth too unless there is a medical reason.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• yes.. my SIL has her kids but they are NEVER with her.. i dont know what someone would think its ok to be a dead beat mama.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Why do the moms have more rights than the fathers ??? What do you think of fathers who live without their kids??
    Anonymous

• My DD is 12 and last year decided she wanted to live with her father. (We've been divorced since she was 2 1/2). We have a terrific relationship and she lives in the next town over. I see her all the time. Why would I keep her from her father, who has just as much right to her as I do, for my own selfish reasons and risk her hating me for "keeping them apart"? Should I deny them both of the opportunity to live together when they both wanted it desperately? It wasn't an easy decision and privately I sobbed over missing her but I knew in my heart that I was sacrificing my wants for hers. Why do mothers feel more entitled to their child than the father? Are his rights and desires any less than mine?
    Anonymous

• I was reading someone's journal the other day that gave an incredibly heart breaking story on when separation is unfortunately necessary. But I do agree with you. Choosing not to be with your children when you can be is a dead beat parent trait. Then I think if their kids are that easy to let go, then maybe it's better for the children to be with people who want them.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 5:25 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• *not referring to people who share custody in a civil matter
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 5:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Some parents do not deserver their kids. Some parents realize their child is better off with another parent or at least for a time while they get back on their feet. Why are you so judgemental? Let them live their lives and worry about your own.
    Anonymous

• Why is it ok for the kids to stay with the mom when their parents split up, but it's not ok for them to stay with their dad? What if the mom admits she is not the best one to have custody of their child and it is in their best interest to be with their father? What if the woman pays child support like men do when they divorce? Would she still be a deadbeat? Maybe they thought they wanted kids but for whatever reason, they realize they aren't the best parent for the child to live with?
    Anonymous

• its what works best for the kids best interests...so what if they are'nt with mom every night. Maybe the dad has more free time on his hands
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2009