Im desperate, All this is being a lot for me!!

I feel desperate. I feel that I don't have control of my life no more. Everything start a month later that my bf and I found out that I was pregnant; First they switch him to night crew ( 4-2am) meaning that we only spend couple of hours together, later was color guard seasons ( i say that cause is almost every week 2 or 3 ceremonies) and now He is telling me that they may send him to sergeant course for couple of weeks to 29 palms( 5 hours from where we live). I feel desperate, overwelming, sad etc... I feel that when i need him the most everything seen to be harder everytime more. Im going to be 5 months in a couple of weeks and I dont know what I going to do if this happen. I dont have any family in here, I feel really sad, I dont know what to do. Please help me, I need some support, any solution, anything that can help me to feel better.
Thank you. God bless you....

Nicolebeta

Asked by Nicolebeta at 5:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Are there any new mother programs or groups in your area that you can get engaged in? That would be a good source of support for you (since they know how you feel). Do you go to church? How about something like MOPS (even though you are still pg)?
    Anonymous

• “God will never give you more than you can handle.“

I hope things get easier for you.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I know that everything happen for a reason, but I feel that Im by myself in this pregnacy. I mean I dont blame him, I know this is not in his hands, but I cant help the way I feel. I really dont know if their is any groups around here to be honest, but ....
    Nicolebeta

Answer by Nicolebeta at 5:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• MOPS is great. Are there moms groups in your area. Look on here, yahoo groups, Meetup, the library. Are you doing prenatal classes anywhere? I met lifelong friends through the prenatal classes my hospital offered free for new moms. You need a place to "step out" and vent face to face. You have to be careful coming to a P&CE section. This section may not offer you the support you need. Good Luck.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Alot of us do not get a ton of time with our husbands hun..my advice would be to make the most of the time you do get together..try not to spend it stressing over the time you dont get and whatever else..make it meaningfull...You are pregnant and maybe that is making it all seem more difficult too pregnancy can tend to do that..not to say your situation isnt tough because it is..but you can and will get through it..it will not always be that way I promise ;) ...God bless you too
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• oh and congrats!!!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Girl, This isnt going to get better as far as HIS schedule. That is the wife of a military spouse. You take on a lot of the responsibility and have to shoulder a great load. It doesnt get easier :( My mom was ombudsmen on one of our tours. She was the go to lady for the new women. She became very close with other wives in the unit, with neighbors on base, and was very involved with us kids. I am not being ugly, but it sounds like alot of YOU is based on him. You can be married to him but still have you! Do you have any passions, interests, or hobbies? NOW would be a good time to focus on some of those. Good Luck honey! Thats why when many thank those serving they thank those at home, because its so hard for them too!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Maybe you should be lucky that at least he has a job to support you guys!
    Anonymous

• Great words momof and totally agree
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• What you need to do is learn to stand on your own two feet and be a strong mom. I know it sucks, it's not ideal, but you can do it. Promise.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009