Why would a woman date a man who is a sex offender? Would you? Do you know someone who is?

GEOMODGEN

Asked by GEOMODGEN at 5:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• good question ..my husband's cousin dated a pedophile who targets young children let him move into her home with two 4 yr twin boys, lets him watch the kids while she goes out then act shocked when she caught him molesting her boys and instead of turning him in she just asked him to move out...thats just stupid.. the only reason i would talk to a pedi or sex offender is to gain his trust so i could cut his junk off with a rusty butter knife...and i would NEVER let the scumbag around my kids...i think all of them should be hung up and let everyone else throw stones glass ect at them till they died i dont care of its cause they molested a child or raped someone they all need to suffer... and anyone who gets involved with them is just as sick
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• It would depend on the crime. There's a women down the street who is a sex offender... it says it right online but at the time she was convicted she was 20 and her boyfriend was 16. Sooo really that's not as disturbing as say someone who actually violently raped a women, or someone having sex with 5 year olds or something.
    Anonymous

• Some one that was a true sex offender HELL NO !!!! But like anon stated if someone was 19 and dating a 17 year old then I don't consider them a sex offender. Hell my hubby could have been charged as a sex offender just for being with me and he is only 4 years older than me. So yeah it depends on the case. It also depends on the age of the one "offended". If the sex offender is 19 and dating a 12 or 13 year old than in that case I would consider that a sex offender but for older teens NO,
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My ex-husband was convicted of rape after we divorced, and he's now engaged. I don't understand it. I would never date someone who was convicted of a sex crime, unless as others have said, it was something like legal age dating under age. I don't see how I could find any guy so attractive, so fascinating, if he ever raped or molested or whatever someone.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• They were talking about organizing the sex offenders in categories to help us out. Not all molest little kids. Some are over aged people who have sex with a minor (such as an 18 yr old having sex with his long time girlfriend who is not 18 yet). There is a big difference between that and a predator who targets kids for sex.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Well to be honest with you I do know a registered sex offender he is my Stepson and he was like 19 when he did it to 2 girls that were 13.He has 2 dd'sof his own do I trust him around myddor my granddaughters no way. I still have a hard time being convinced he is a level3 when apparently alls he did was touched their boobs.
    Anonymous

• Depends on the crime. I'll just ditto the previous responses.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 8:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My dh works in the prison system. I am disgusted at the very thought of these sex perverts that like to touch and have sex with little kids!!! I am tired of the easy way our society looks at these ppl. My dh told me about this pervert at the prision who had sex w/his niece. She was only 4 years old. He and his wife used a tool to pry her open so that he could have sex w/her.
    Who the he!! would want something like that around their kids!? OMG I am so disapointed in our society.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Nov. 13, 2009