At what age did your child's first tooth come in?

My son is 8 months old and still doesn't have his first tooth yet. He's got the swollen gums and is drooling, but nothing more. How old was your child(ren) when they got their first tooth? My daughters were 6mo and 7mo for their firsts so I am wondering if this is something I should talk to the doctor about or if this is normal for him not to have a tooth yet.

MyKidsRMyLife23

Asked by MyKidsRMyLife23 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My first was over 12 months old, I remember because she had her first birthday toothless. My second was around 9 months and my third and fourth children got their first tooth around 7 months. I remember worrying with my first and even talking to dentist and doctors whom all assured me that children go through such things at their own pace. The dentist actually said that they don't start worrying over such things until the child is 2 years of age w/o any teeth.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 8:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My son got his first tooth right around 6 months..he is almost 10 months now and he has 5 teeth!
    mlmartinez

Answer by mlmartinez at 5:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i swear my son was born with his first two. Haha. jk...you could see the white though through the gums and then it disapeared and he got his 1st tooth at 4 months and they just kept poppin up 1 after another after that
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• With my daughter, she got her 1st 2 teeth in at 4 months and the rest popped in 4 at a time until she was 1 and had all but her 2 yr molars. With my son, he is 10 1/2 months and just finally had his 1st 2 teeth pop through a couple of weeks ago.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• He was six months old when he got his first and it was two at the same time.
    ATG499

Answer by ATG499 at 5:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My daughter was 4 months! My sons were 7 months. What could the doctor possibly do? They will come in when they are ready - don't stress about it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My son is 7 months old and still doesn't have any at all and none coming through. He is teething drooling and chewing everything but who knows why it's taking so long?? I'm right there with you mama
    ktinaza

Answer by ktinaza at 6:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• #1 was around 8months
    #2 was 5months
    #3 was 5months as well.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• When my son was 8 months he had no teeth by the time he turned 9 months he had 6. I have had friends whose babies did not have any teeth until they were a year old it is nothing to worry about.
    melmel83

Answer by melmel83 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• my son was 5 1/2 months when he got his 2 bottom teeth
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 8:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2009