My DS's upcoming birthday.

So my little brother (aka DS1) turns 5 in 10 days. When i was a kid and my mom couldn't have a birthday party on or near my birthday or if she just couldn't give me a party at all for whatever reason she would always take me out to dinner to Denny's. We never had a lot of money so Denny's was always the place to go.
Well, i plan on doing to same thing for both my boys this year because their party will not be so near their birthday. ...but because this is my little brothers first b-day without Mom i'm wondering what i should do. Should i take him to Denny's the way i know my mom would? (we always went to the same one. lots of memories). Or should we start our own thing at a different restaurant?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 5:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ohh, that's a tough one. It would bring up a lot of memories yes and it would be a nice thing, but would you want those memories lingering on his special day? One thing you could do is ask him? Ask him out of say, three restaurants, Denny's, IHOP and McDonalds(just meant as examples not actual suggestions) out of those which one he would like to go to. Then tell him you get the final say so but his choice is very important. That way you don't feel like you are leading him there, to a place that might upset him. ya know? Good luck~
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 6:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009