What do you think?

Well, I WAS going to fly out to Utah and visit my mom and grandfather. I thought I would take my dd (9) w/me. I had just been tossing the idea around in my mind. I have been seeing a thearpist for almost three years,she knows me pretty well. She told me not to take my child and that I really should cut out on my own a bit. She suggested I rent a car etc. I did not say much but really if I am going to cut out on my own and all that then I would rather choose where I want to go and all of that. I just need someother ppls input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I think if you are going to see family take your daughter. If you don't see them often they might be disappointed if you don't bring her and your daughter might be disappointed if she doesn't get to go.
    Take your own advice go somewhere fun by yourself.
    melmel83

Answer by melmel83 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Why wouldn't you take your child? You are wanting to go out and party while at your moms for a visit? Wont your mom miss seeing her grandchild? Why couldn't you still rent a car and go out and leave the baby home with grandmother for a night?
    Anonymous

• I don't feel comfortable giving input without knowing what the real issue is. Do you just need a break? Is there someone to take care of your dd? Most therapists don't tell a mom to go off and leave the child unless there are potential issues there as well. If I got overwhelmed I'd probably go be with family. If i were to rent a car I'd take my child but then again she might be in school and shouldn't be taken out. There is so much to consider. Sorry, I'm not seeing a full picture enough to give good advice.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• OP here-Well, Just a bit more,I am a SAHM of two w/ADHD(a dh w/adhd,god help me) Yes, I have been in grave need of a break. My ds would be w/his dad. I was planning on going over the holiday when my 9 year old was out of school. I love my mom,but we don't get along swimmingly all of the time,her dh is a controling jerk and I don't really like my dd around him too much.
    If I were going to spend money on a rental car and all that I would rather go to the place of my choice etc. I just don't know if I even want to take on this visit, I don't like the stress involved w/seeing family.
    Anonymous

• sounds like you've already made up your mind... and it's that you really don't want to go. So don't.
    Maybe do something fun with the kids while they're out on school break instead :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009