How do you get your baby off the bottle?

My daughter is 15 months old and needs to get off the bottle (and pacifier), but she will not drink milk out of her sippy cup. What's the best way to make the transition?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she'll eat/drink other dairy products, you can eliminate the bottle and just wait for her to start drinking milk from a sippy cup. Just keep giving it to her. I got rid of the bottles one at a time starting with the least favorite (the lunch time bottle) and ending with the most favorite (the nighttime). I eliminated one a week until they were gone (3 weeks I believe). Make sure when you do get rid of them that they're totally gone. I made the mistake of leaving them in a closet and my son found them and wanted one! I wouldn't try getting ride of the pacifier at the same time. Too many changes. Good luck!
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Just toss the bottles. She will eventually drink from the sippy and she won't go thristy for very long.

It has nothing to do with dairy products. The bottle is merely the vessel in which you're placing her liquid. So...stop putting it in them.
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem. She finnaly took milk from a sippy cup but it had to be diffrent from her juice/water cup. She still will not drink milk form the same cups I put water in. ANd still a bottle before bed but Im trying to get rid of that one too
    ArMyWiFeY81508

Answer by ArMyWiFeY81508 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• umm take it away! I would do the bottle first let her get use to that then worry about the paci both at once may be overload. But I just take it away.
    Anonymous