Ultrasound results(please please read and answer)!!!

the nurse called me and said the doctor looked over the results and they said that the baby is big and that my placenta looks old so they are going to set up non-stress test to watch the baby...do u guys know what this means???

excitedmomma2be

Asked by excitedmomma2be at 6:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They are going to monitor the baby's heart rate & kicks. I went through this with my last my pregnancy twice a week. They will also more then likely do another US. It will take about a hour for everything.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• what about the placenta looking old does this mean anything or they are just gunna watch it???
    excitedmomma2be

Answer by excitedmomma2be at 6:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• On that part I have no clue, sorry. I have not heard of that before. Have you tried goggling it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• lol no!!!
    excitedmomma2be

Answer by excitedmomma2be at 6:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Do you know what the baby weighs? They think 5lbs and 3oz is small too! I'm 35 weeks. They could have your due date off and you are farther along, they might induce you. GL
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• A non stress test is very easy. You go in to L&D and they'll hook up a couple external monitors to your belly, one to measure babys heartrate and one to measure contrax. They'll give you a button that you push whenever you feel a kick or movement. Then they can compare baby's heart rate during movement vs not moving (resting). They want to see the hr go up during movements, every time I had one they want at least 10 movements, so try and have a bite to eat before you go so baby is moving lots. Generally they take about an hour or so. I don't know much about old looking placentas, but good luck!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2009