Would you name your son after your SO or DH even if he has a weird, old, or ghetto name?

my DH wants me to cause hes always wanted a jr, problem is his name is some what ghetto. Jemarrieo pronounced (Ja. Mar . rio) I love him but im not too crazy about giving our son his name. Is that bad? I feel bad about it, but I did compromise and said I would give the son his name if I could choose the middle name, cuz DH middle name is Louis.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL, I would not only because my husband's name is Jackie Don. Sorry but I think Jackie is for girls & not boys. Thank goodness he goes by his middle name Don.
    Anonymous

• I think I would try to compromise.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• No, I don't think it's bad you feel that way. A lot of people agree with you about naming their kids after a family member. Does he have to have THAT EXACT name? Maybe you can rearrange the letters to make a new name that you both can agree on.
    MamaToHaileyBug

Answer by MamaToHaileyBug at 6:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I think there should be a compromise if you aren't crazy over his name. Your child is going to have to go through life with that name ya know? I like his middle name, that would be a good name for a boy. My SO wouldn't even let me use his middle name because he said it was too common! It's Ryan and I really wanted to name our son that but he refused!
    Anonymous

• My husband and I feel children should at least get their own first name and not be named after fathers because of confusion,etc. trust me in my family it is ! So no,even if it was an awesome name.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Try to compromise. My DH wanted to name our son after his Great Grandpa...ELDO....!!!...yes, not a typo, Eldo. I knew how special Eldo was to my DH growing up and I really wanted to grant him his wish, I just couldnt go around calling my kid Eldo. So, I told him we could take the N from his first name (DH name is Nate) and tack it on the end...so we named our son "Eldon"
    It suits him perfectly and hold very special meaning to DH and his family.
    Our son's middle name is also DH's middle name, which happens to be DH's dad's first name, and his Dad's Dad's first name...the nex generation up would be Eldo so we got them all in.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I feel that a new baby is a new identity equalling a new name. If I really was in love with so/dh and thats what he wanted I may do it. however I am not one for the jr thing
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Honey I just went thru this!! I had my son a month ago, I named him after my husband and I do not like his name at all!! It's not really ghetto but I think it's ugly!! I named our son after him because I know how much it means to him. He said as long as he's wanted kids he's always wanted a junior. He's soo happy now that I'm glad I did. Do what I'm doing and think of a cute nickname to call your son instead!!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• just be careful because i have a jr...for a son and we have so many problems with medical bills and ther things such as credit...we looked up our 5 year olds credit and sure enogh there was something on it.....his name is crazy jonathan francis alvin charles jr.
    MaMaDukeS321

Answer by MaMaDukeS321 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Name your baby what YOU want to name your baby!!! You are giving your body up and you will be the main care taker-most likely-RIGHT?? He is your ds,so it's up to you:)
    If you don't like the name don't put it on the birth certificate. Save the name you don't like for the middle name,nick name him Junior or something. At least he will have another name to use and won't have to put up w/the other one for the rest of his life.
    Anonymous