Is this Gods plan? Joining the Catholic church but not as a family

My ds and dd are in the process of becoming Catholic. I REALLY wanted us to join as a family but I am begining to think that it must be Gods plan that we join seperately. We have a 9 year old that attends Catholic school and a 5 year old. The major problem has been that we really have nobody to watch the kids while we both attend the RCIA meetings. It makes me sad,I have talked w/our priest. He actually got a sitter for us once but thats it and I brought the kids a couple times but I could tell it was indeed a problem. I am trying to accept the situation and telling myself that this is Gods plan for us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Look into other churches. Our church had a nursery and we would not have been able to convert together if it wasn't for that.

ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 6:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I don't know if it is God's will but as ave.maria said look into more churches or continue to talk to the priest. There were a few people in our class that brought their children.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 7:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• another suggestion- see if your priest will let you alternate classes. My husband was deployed for the first few months of our classes, and I would email him the class notes and then he would email remarks back. This was ok'd by the priest as a special situation.

So maybe you could go to one class while he stays home- give him the notes and such, and he go the next week. Then you would only need a sitter for the special occasions- the rites.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 7:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• sad it shouldn't be a problem. Change your church!
    Anonymous

• ave made a good point. My son was working during confirmation classes he was allowed to go to every other class. I really think if you are serious about converting your church will find a way to make it happen.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 8:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Why do you have to convert together?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 5:19 AM on Nov. 13, 2009