Dou birthday party for kids a year apart?

So this year i've decided to have a double birthday party. DS1's b-day is on November 22nd and DS2's b-day is on December 30th. DS1 is turning 5 and is in Kindergarten already and DS2 is turning 4 and is in a part time preschool program.
Do you have any ideas on activities or games? Or where to hold such a large child's party?
Also, should i invite some of their school friends as well? Or should we just keep it family? I know they'd like their school friends there ...but that's a lot of people AND a lot of presents. lol
And lastly, we do not promote any kind of violent or what I consider to be inappropriate TV in our home. To simplify this, i'm thinking of adding onto the invite something about avoiding any TV games and toys. I know some parents wont pay attention, but i think it will help with limitation. Any ideas on how to word this? or any thoughts? TIA

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 6:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Hmm . .. well they are both so young. Chuckie cheese has gone downhill lately, then I almost said a Sports Emporium, but they're too young. How much money are you trying to spend? How about one of them big blow up bouncy things . . . They're probably a little expensive though.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• That's soooooooooo wrong, everyone deserves to celebrate their birthday on THEIR special day!
    Anonymous

• Anon this is not something that i usually do. And i do not care if you think it is wrong. We have a limited budget at the moment and DS1 is a new arrival. We've only had him for 7 months and are still not used to the financial changes this has brought on. Not to mention that this may very well be our last year in our area, or even in our country for a while.

AND i do not feel it is okay to throw a b-day party for DS1 when his new dad wont be able to come (he's out of country. military) but DS2 would have his dad there for the party. ...not cool. by doing it this way they BOTH get the same treatment.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Also, they are each getting to open one present on the actual day of their birthday as well as having a special day with me. The actual day of their birthday is not being ignored. And they will each feel special.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• We don't have a Sports Emporium here. We do have a place called ParyExtrodinAIR. which is a full play building filled with those blow up bouncy things. ...but it would be like 200 dollars for the day and only 24 guests. And i'm thinking we might have more then that if i allow their school friends to come.

I'm not sure what it is to rent one for a day. i was going to look into it.

I don't have a set budget for this. ...just not something too expensive because DH just finished his tour in Iraq so we don't have that extra combat pay money any more.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2009