Dou birthday party for kids a year apart?

So this year i've decided to have a double birthday party. DS1's b-day is on November 22nd and DS2's b-day is on December 30th. DS1 is turning 5 and is in Kindergarten already and DS2 is turning 4 and is in a part time preschool program.
Do you have any ideas on activities or games? Or where to hold such a large child's party?
Also, should i invite some of their school friends as well? Or should we just keep it family? I know they'd like their school friends there ...but that's a lot of people AND a lot of presents. lol
And lastly, we do not promote any kind of violent or what I consider to be inappropriate TV in our home. To simplify this, i'm thinking of adding onto the invite something about avoiding any TV games and toys. I know some parents wont pay attention, but i think it will help with limitation. Any ideas on how to word this? or any thoughts? TIA

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 6:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd skip adding a limitation to acceptable gifts. The people that know you well will bring appropriate gifts and if you end up with a few that don't fit your standards you can say thanks and either exchange them or donate them, which might be a good idea anyway if they receive tons of gifts so near Christmas.

If your church has an activity center or gym you could use you could just rent a big bouncer and there will be no need to come up with games which will be very difficult to coordinate anyway with a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds running around. Go for a pretty big bouncer with a slide and the kids will play non-stop. I would think this would be cheaper and more fun than trying to do the party at a place like Chuck E Cheese.
    Anonymous