Do SDAs Celebrate Christmas?

I am only just learning about SDA. But from what I am learning they are very much like JWs. So I was wondering if they do Christmas or any other religious holidays for that matter... Since I know JWs do not.

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes they do. Some times there were even holiday get together's at the church. Grew up in SDA family. The only real main difference is that they keep the sabath.
    Anonymous

• I do but some don't
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yes, true, sabado(sabath), in spanish saturday!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I don't anymore.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• But from what I am learning they are very much like JWs
    --------------
    We are very different from the JWs. About the only thing we have in common is our beliefs on the state of the dead. The differences-- We believe in the Divinity of Jesus Christ, we believe that ALL faithful believers will go to Heaven someday, everyone can take communion (what is known to JWs as Memorial), we believe in "hell", we celebrate birthdays, we accept blood transfusions, we don't have our own translation of the Bible (the KJV is preferred), we don't believe the word "church" is synonymous with "Babylon", we believe that the Holy Spirit is God, my kids can play with Smurfs (if they were interested) ...

My conscience forced me to give up Christmas. I was all over the roots of Sunday worship, and Christmas has the same origins. How hypocritical!

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• SDA does have their own bible it's a study one it's called the Clear Word Bible
    Anonymous

• Also some christians are meant for battle and some are not Lexy, I guess you are the one who stays and man's the home front while others go out into the front lines.
    Anonymous

• How is it hypocritical?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:03 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Anon, I do not think I know everything about SDA because I am holiness, but I believe that varies from church to church about the Bible. Some SDA rely more heavily on the teachings of Mary Eddy Baker (or Mary Baker Eddy, I always get it confused lol) which includes her prophecies and diet, and some don't. There are a few that are mostly just interested in keeping the original Sabbath.

Am I right? Anyone? Always willing to learn:)
    ERNAProud

Answer by ERNAProud at 12:03 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• No offense, but what does this have to do with the price of rice in China? What did she say that would make you think this of her? You can't judge a man's heart, no matter what religion you come from.

Answered at 11:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Also some christians are meant for battle and some are not Lexy, I guess you are the one who stays and man's the home front while others go out into the front lines.
    ERNAProud

Answer by ERNAProud at 12:06 AM on Nov. 13, 2009