Would the nation really be over populated without abortion?

I saw this in another post. I have never heard this before and have a hard time grasping this as a fact. anyone else hear this or feel that it's true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This country is already over-populated.
    Anonymous

• I dunno. But if the purpose of abortion was to slow down over population, it would make sense to me to make them illegal so everyone would have to find a dirty knife in a back alley and die from it. Two for the price of one right???
    Anonymous

• That's not a good form of population control! There's war, H1N1, disease, accidents, all kinds of things contribute.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• The anon above does have a point.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• OP:: Yeah that was kinda my thought on it to...
    Anonymous

• Of course there would be more people here if we weren't killing some 4 million babies a year.

But what a HORRIBLE attitude to adopt. I strongly suspect that progressives do have this in the backs of their minds when they advocate for these evil practices which treat human life as secondary to "the planet". Abortion and euthanasia are the most extreme, but banning DDT despite the millions of children dying from malaria is another one ... and on down the list.

It's like the evil cyborg villain out of some far-fetched sci-fi novel. And yet, some people actually adopt this anti-mankind attitude, saying such things with aplomb !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I saw a video a young man created, touching on the consequences of abortion. ... A teenage girl was being stalked at a garage by a couple of attackers. As they moved in on her, another young man came onto the scene and beat them back.

Then the voice-over informed us that her rescuer had been the victim of an abortion, and the video showed again the moment when her attackers were moving in. ...

As someone who believes in reincarnation, and the reality that every person is coming into life with a plethora of plans and relationships to fulfill, abortion is a tragedy for our whole society, and not only for the baby and the parents who chose not to grow into the challenge.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Uhhhh. NO.
    Anonymous

• Nope, remember we have the crappiest health care ever our infant mortality rate is SO high
    (only because we think a child is viable at 21weeks where in the UK it is 26 wks). We have 47million people dying in our streets right now as I am typing this! That is our population control our horrible health care system! Muahahahahaha

But, according to a bunch of advisers forced abortion could become a great way to help slow population growth. China does it and we all know how much we LOVE China!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• these evil practices which treat human life as secondary to "the planet"...banning DDT despite the millions of children dying from malaria is another one ...

Sorry but if all the bees and other beneficial, pollinizing insects and birds die from DDT, there isn't going to be ANY mankind at all to worry about, quick, fast and in a hurry.
    Anonymous