Im starting to think that there is no god!

i pray all the time for things to get better for us an they havent it just keeps gettin worse! i cant find a job my husband is the only one workin we have 3 kids 5 3 an almost 7 wk! we are livin in a 2 bed room apartment that we can barley afford! we dont have a car havent had one in 4 years! im starting to become very depressed! i dont think we are gonna have a x mas this year! im tired of having to be on welfare but right now we have no choice! idk what to do someone told me to keep praying but it is not working! i guess things arent gonna get any better! i cry all the time but put on a happy face when im around ppl but i really feel as if im dyin in side! an im really starting to think there is no god! cuz if there was a god why would he make stuff so hard for some ppl? idk!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

You know- I have posted on here before about how much life sucks eggs sometimes. What helps me is to count my blessings.

Health, a roof, children, food.

Get back to the basics.

For Xmas help, contanct the salvation army, toys for tots, and other local churches. Try to get on their food drive lists as well.

ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 7:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Hmm... I bet someone will pop up saying God is testing you, it's his plan to have you suffer this way or Satan is to blame.

My answer? Shit happens. Deal with it the best you can, try and think possitive, don't lie down and give up. FIGHT. Go outside, scream at the top of your lungs and then come in the house, pull all your inner strength and don't look back.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• we haven't had a job for 4 years. We've managed on odd jobs.. but just this month my husband is starting one new job (fulltime) and in his field of expertise and... also he has another contract opportunity for 2 years renewable out of the country. We never despaired of God's Mercy. don't despair.. simply be patient and do the best you can with what you have.
    Anonymous

• Be on welfare if that is what it takes. There's no shame in it. Contact a state social worker to help get things you might need for baby like diapers and wipes. Praying for a job is useless if you're not putting out your resume and applications, but times are tough anyway and alot of companies aren't looking to hire. If you're not opposed to overnight shifts Toys R Us is probably looking for some temporary employees to handle the upcoming holidays. You've already got the toys for tots advice for the holidays. Release your frustration and move on. You've got a place to live and food. Things will get better, but you have to do your part. It's life and it's a temporary situation. hugs!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• You don't need a higher power. Repeat. YOU DO NOT NEED ONE.

I agree with IhartU. Don't ever give up. Fight for yourself and your family, nobody else is going to help you unless you help yourself.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i don't believe God tests us. like ihartu said, crap happens. it doesn't matter who you are. every action causes a reaction...you're reacting negatively. and its easy to do, easier than seeing the bright light at the end of the tunnel. you see people around you who 'obviously' have it better than you. thing is, you don't know what they have going on. sure, they may have material things, but that doesn't always mean life is rosy. what you see is an image, a look they portray to the world. what you don't see is reality.
    plenty of people have been/are in your shoes. how you see your situation is only dependent on what you do about your situation. you and your dh love each other? good! you have good health? great! your kids are happy and healthy? even better! so you don't have a car..do you have a roof over your heads, and the kids are fed? the basics of life are all you need to physically live..the rest is gravy. choose life!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I agree with ave.maria.
    Jesus said
     25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?  26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?  27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?  28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:  29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

•  30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?  31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?  32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.  33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.  34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
    Mat. 6:25-34
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Don't worry hun, it will get better. God loves you and He will provide for you He knows what you need I have been in your same situation and these scriptures comforted me during those times I was worrying all the time until I prayed and gave all my cares to God after I did that everything did get better.In early Oct.DH almost lost his job(economy) and I was not getting any hrs at work for weeks with no money for food or diapers, and about 2 weeks ago DH was promoted and my boss started giving me hours again, give all of your worries to God, I'll keep you in my prayers.
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 7:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Don't blame God trust Him. Continue to keep your faith and prayers. Know that God is listening He loves you and He knows of your tears. I am going to pray for you and your family. Trust in Him and ask Him to be by your side in good and rough times. Believe in His power, and know that through Him all things are possible.
    Anonymous