How to politely tell someone to shut-up or is it too late?

I'm around alot of old people and their the ones that are so rude,they always ask me how tall Iam,it's rude to me but I don't know how to tell them,what would you say?I've told them how tall Iam,if you were fat would you tell them how fat you are?It's the same with us talls we get sick of hearing it even if you are curious...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I guess your comparing the two because you are unhappy with your height. I really wouldnt take that as an isulty but im shore so i dont knwo lol. Saying shut up is a little much though. Id just answer or not answer and walk away. doesnt seem like somehting thats worth the stress
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Just say tall enough, theyll eventually get it...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I say tall enough they laugh at that one.It hurts my feelings because they all joke about it and it makes me feel like there's something wrong with me like how terrible I'm like this,but mostly I laugh it off but I wish I could say I'm tall enough but asking me that hurts me and just be honest with them because it's always them that are jealous of me since they are way shorter than me.They all say once they get to know me so if I'm nice to them and they see I'm a nice person they start to confess they wish they were taller and they've never been happy with their height.Lucky for me there's a tall woman I bump into with them around they never ask her,she's like the leader so really they're cowards..so I wonder why they haven't asked her,maybe they know it's rude with her.
    Anonymous

• you could come up with a joke first? get the jokes out of the way and then the short pple can say all they want but maybe just smile and nod, its not like the conversation needs to go on and on.

or maybe have them guess your hieght and start charging them if they get it wrong?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 7:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• so... um... "how tall are you?" hahaha jkn.. some people just dont watch what they say until after they say it. dont pay too much attention to it!
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I'd answer like my son, who is 4. He puts his hand on top of his head and says "I'm this tall!"
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009