H1 N1 Who's is getting it & who is not?

ashleynbennett9

Asked by ashleynbennett9 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Health

• I have not decided!
    ashleynbennett9

Answer by ashleynbennett9 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I gave my daughter the mist and am happy with it. She is fine and had no problems what so ever. So many ppl are uneducated with the shot and mist and im happy that I had a dr that I trust to give me the actuall facts. Its all about personal choice but I too was up in the air at first but happy I did what I did
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Whats the "mist"?
    Anonymous

• Not me and not my family!

Just for the record, we don't vaccinate at all.

But we would not be with this one either way. Our Pediatrician has sent home letters stating she will not administer it and advises against it all together. So, with that, we wouldn't even if we believed in vaccines.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Flu mist is the vaccine in spray form. It's shot into each side of the nose. It does contain a live virus but chances of catching the flu from the very weak live virus is slim but it doesn't have any preservatives that people freak out about.

3 kids got it - 1 shot 2 mists and my husband and I will get it once it's available to us.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 8:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My pedi. is not admin. the shot either but I still want my daughter to get it but not sure what to do!!
    ashleynbennett9

Answer by ashleynbennett9 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I recieved mine because I work in health care. I am still up in the air with the kids, but we may take them next thirsday to get it.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I got it. I'm pregnant. I want DD to get it but she's not on the high priority list. She'll get it when it's available to her. The CDC really is a good place to get information on it. I also like sciencebasedmedicine.org. You can search for their flu vaccine posts.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 8:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My husband and I are both getting the mist tomorrow. My daughter is 3 months old, so she is too young.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My daughter had H1N1 in May. It was the flu!! 3 days of fever (the highest was 102.5), a few more of cough and congestion, one really gross bloody nose. Neither my husband nor I contracted it.
    We are focusing on prevention. You can adjust your lifestyle a bit to build up your immune system. Not getting enough sleep can lower your resistance to disease. So can being dehydrated, so be sure to drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. Alcohol, meat, dairy, highly processed foods like white sugar and white flour all weaken the immune system. Foods that build up the immune system include: fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes.
    If you choose to get the H1N1 vaccine, I strongly urge you to (at least for small children) have your health care provider order the single dose preservative free vaccine. The H1N1 vaccine has Thimerisol/mercury.

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:49 AM on Nov. 13, 2009