Can I save rice cereal mixed with breastmilk in the fridge for 24 hours?

My dd just had her first real meal! she did great but we have leftovers and I hate to throw out breastmilk...can I save the rest for tomorrow in the fridge in tupperware?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't do it. Toss it and make fresh. Next time don't make as much - it's better to just make a little and make more if they want it. Baby cereal isn't meant to be kept - I know it used to say on the box to toss anything leftover.
    Anonymous

• I think I did that once and it came out nasty the next day and the baby wouldn't eat it anyway. You can't microwave breastmilk, so you'd have to leave it out on the counter to bring it to room temp before you fed it to your baby....I just wouldn't myself. Because of my failure back then.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 7:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• She actually ate it with refridgerated breastmilk (it was in there for about 3 hours) so she was fine with it being cold....did it seem bad other than that the next day?
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2009