I AM 17 AND PREGNANT. PLEASE HELP.

I AM ONLY 17, AND i HAVE JUST FOUND OUT i AM PREGNANT. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.i HAVENT OLD ANYONE YET. I'M SO SCARED. ANY ADVICE?

lelmily

Asked by lelmily at 7:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• hey sweetie,
    i was 16 when i was pregnate with my son and I understand it scary but you will get by just fine =0) its not as hard as people say at all ! Alll a baby needs is love and you will do a wonderful job providing that. dont be scared be excited its so much fun
    message me anytime you want to talk or need advce
    FcknReady2Party

Answer by FcknReady2Party at 7:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I am not sure how your parents are, but speaking from a parents perspective, I would want my daughter to come and talk to me. Good luck hunny!!
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I was also 16 when I got pregnant. It is scary at first but once that baby starts growing and you begin getting attached to it it gets less and less scary. You have alot of decisions to make right now. I would suggest telling your parents sooner than later. They are probably going to be mad and yell and scream a little but after a couple days they will realize what's done is done and hopefully they will be there to help you through this. I got lucky and was already with my daughter's dad for almost 3 years before I got pregannt so I never had to rely on my parents, he got a job and we moved in together and he supported us. It wasn't a great job and we were pretty damn poor but we made the best of it. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• First things first you need to break the news to your parents. I don't know your parents so I can't tell you how they will react but whatever they do or say keep in mind this is bound to be some what of a shock and the first thing out of there mouth my not be the nicest or most supportive. If that is what happens keep in mind to that your goal here is to inform them so that they can help you. You need to sit it out with out arguing back. answer any questions honestly and with out shouting. Your 'being a child' is bound to come up so it's best NOT to act that part. You should come up with some answers to some basic questions before you go to them though like. 'What do you plan to do?' , 'Who's the father' , 'Is he gonna help you', 'What about school' and 'Who's gonna take care of the baby?' If you don't know how to answer them be honest but try to sound like you have already begun to consider these things.
    Anonymous

• Talk to an adoption counselor before you make the decision to keep the baby.
    Anonymous

• Talk to your parents and see a doctor before you make any decisions.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• First off get to an OBGYN and have a physical. It is very important to find out how far along you are. You did not mention anything about your boyfriend. Does he know? He should step up to the plate and the both of you go and speak to your parents and let them know you are pregnant and that you will be bringing a beautiful baby into the world. His parents should be next. This should be a wonderful time for the both of you. Of course you will hear that you both have not lived long enough and that you have all those years ahead of you, but remember there is nothing like a babies love. You will hold your child and love him/her no matter what. Think very hard and don't make any fast decisions. You are blessed and so is baby. Blessings!
    Anonymous

• make sure you have insurance!!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 11:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• First, relax. I found out at 17 too. Take a little time to think and plan ahead. How do you think people will react? Who should you tell first? What do you want to do? Will you have support in raising a child or will you be left alone with a person who depends on just you? Are you willing to go through the long and hard process of adoption? Are you morally ok with abortion? What would happen after you made any of these choices? What do you know about pregnancy and motherhood? How do you feel about it?Just ask yourself a lot of questions. Your mind is in a lot of places right now so find someone you can trust to keep the secret til you're ready and help you sort your thoughts. My baby's asleep and I'll be up for a while so let me know if you wanna chat =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:10 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i know it seems like a lot to take in, and no one can tell you what to do, but just know whatever you choose is your decision. each has their consequences and upsides. i dont know exactly what you have in mind..but if you need to talk,vent,anything.feel free to add me and chat. i've had my share of pregnancies.
    loves_her_baby

Answer by loves_her_baby at 12:48 AM on Nov. 13, 2009