i dont know what is going on whats wrong with my 19 month old son????

my son is 19 months old and at 12 months wic put him on whole milk and he was fine now all of a sudden with in the last 3 weeks his body dosent tolarate it. he gets diareah with in 30 minutes of having it so wic told me to cut his serving in half for one day and it went thrugh him even faster. i tryed silk soy milk and same thing with that im now on lactade whole milk 100% latatate free and he still has diareah he's only been on this for a couple hours .... same things happen with the smallest amount of cheese i made scrambled eggs this morning 1 egg some milk with 1 slice of cheeze and he cant even tolerate cheeze... so confused and frusterated... whats wrong with my son??? no feaver either.

kristi_prncess_

Asked by kristi_prncess_ at 7:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would call the doc and see what they think. It could be a lot of things... You could look up the symptoms online and see what pops up to get an idea of what questions you need to ask the docs.
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I don't know what state your in but I don't listen to what WIC has to say before my doctor looks into things they are not DOCTORS they are just people that applied for a job with the state and took a few classes that were mayybe 3-5 hours long and they had the job to tell people what there child should have and what they need andwhat they don't need. My WIC office tells me that my DD is unweight for her age she's 18 months old and she weights 23lbs and is 32 inches long. So you really need to bring your child to his doctor and stop giving him anything that is in making hm sick. Your doctors office should see him right away. Like tomorrow or monday.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, this is totally an issue for your pediatrician. WIC hands out food, and might be dietitians or nurses, maybe, but not doctors.

And anon, my 14 month old weighs 16 pounds and is really tall. My doc doesn't think she's underweight. I hear you on that. They go on a chart of "average" but they forget that it's not average healthy kids. It's just average overall for every kid in the sample, healthy or unhealthy. She also eats like a freaking horse. Yesterday she ate 2 big banana pancakes, then a banana, then a slice of cheese, and was ready for her snack 2 hours later. She can put it away!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• You can try rice milk. It has less stuff in it.
    ArMyWiFeY81508

Answer by ArMyWiFeY81508 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Maybe try an infant probiotic to help with digestive issues.
    elismommy608

Answer by elismommy608 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2009