Do you think Miley would be famous without Billy Ray?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 8:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Entertainment

• I am glad I am not the only one who thinks she isn't that great of a singer. LOL. I do think it is connections that got her where she is, but most people get thier jobs that way. At least she didn't have to sleep her way to the top like some singers and actors. :(
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:23 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• nope
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 8:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• haha, so funny you ask this. We were in the grocery store and there was a Miley song playing and my son (who is ten) said "Miley wouldn't be famous if it wasn't for her dad". I was like WHAT?? haha I just thought it was funny because I knew he heard that from someone, but that he said it like it was a fact.
    Obviously her dad helped her break into show biz, but she does have some talent, or she would not have gotten anywhere, no matter WHO her dad is.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Some talent ya "acting" i will give her that but singing NO WAY her father can sing but she just doesn't have it. She wouldn't be anything if it wasn't her for her father. I have to be honest her father has the real talent in the family not her.
    Anonymous

• he was a one hit wonder...its dolly parton who makes her famous
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• i never saw billy as that much of a talent really more of a one hit wonder. I don't find miley to entertaining either
    chicklet34

Answer by chicklet34 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My girls had NO idea who HE was. They were so excited when they found out that it was HER dad singing a song on the radio one day! LOL. Funny, it was a song with Dolly (Romeo). I think he probably helped her get her foot in the door as far as contacts but to say that she is famous because her dad was is a little off. There are many children of much more famous people who get no where no matter how hard they try. I think the Disney marketing machine is an awesome thing and this is the time of the Disney starlets.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• OP here: I didn't mean that Billy was a huge star or anything, just that his connections probably made a big difference. I personally don't think she can sing worth anything, but her acting was pretty good, what little Hannah Montana I saw.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I think his connections got her in the door as far as her show, but she actually did some good acting. I can tolerate watching with my nieces. Then in turn her show fame opened the door for her singing which isn't that great. But these days, if you have a show on Disney or whatever, that seems to qualify you for a record deal!
    Anonymous

• I think she would be. Her voice may not be my "type", really, but the girl can sing. She has a VERY country/unique sound that I think would have taken her far if she had the ambition to do it. = )
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2009