Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do 37 weeks?

I am 37 weeks today. I have been having contractions since 28 weeks, 80% effaced, 2 CM dialated.

Since 28 weeks I have been in and out of the hospital because my heart keeps racing to over 150, and no cardiologist will see me in third trimester of pregnancy. The ER doctors want me to take a med for my hear that has a risk to the baby of damaging her aortic valve I think that is the right valve, so I have declined taking it. They tell me that is the only way to control it, they had given me the medication at one point in the hospital and the effects it had on me were worse then my heart rate, and oviously it can be assumed anything that goes on with my will effect her and her heart rate sky rockets at the same time.

rest continued in answer section

Answer Question
 
Laura_Cruz

Asked by Laura_Cruz at 8:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 10 (487 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I also have a bladder condition called interstital systitus (spelled it wrong dont care right now) and basically my bladder and kidneys can not filter everything and will cause spasms in both bladder and kidney, bleeding in my bladder, bladder clinches and will need distending and loss of bladder control. Since i have been contracting so long it is effecting my bladder, causing spasms and bleeding, and my bladder is 2/3 the size is should be now. Urologist says that if it continues i would be forced to have a surgeory to fix that after i have given birth.
    Laura_Cruz

    Answer by Laura_Cruz at 8:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

  • My dilema is that i am on an army base, i have spoken with several civilian OBs and they say they would induce so i can see a heart doctor and avoid having to have a surgeory with a newborn. however the drs on base refuse to, saying at 37 weeks it is too much of a risk and i would risk having a C-section, when i researched it the risk of having to have that done is significally less then having to have my bladder fixed, which at this point would be a distention and cauderization of bleeding areas. Since the ones on base would be unwilling to do the inducement i would have to go off base to a civ dr and facility. this wold mean a new dr, but at the same time i have not seen the same OB twice since arriving on base 2 months ago. Would you schedule to have the induction or wait it out?
    Laura_Cruz

    Answer by Laura_Cruz at 8:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

  • well I was watching baby story and a woman who had no problems except for being "uncomfortable" got an amnio, to determine if her baby's lungs were developed with the hopes of inducing if they were. So I think if I were you, I would ask for an amnio at this point because its actually endangering you and the baby to carry. I wouldn't take the meds either. I thikn I would put myself on bedrest to help control my heart rate. Maybe the two aren't related but I think resting would help anyway. and I'd throw on some depends and just accept the bladder situation for now- no way to know how things are until after you deliver. But I think you should deliver as early as safe- it may mean you need a c-section since inductions occur when the baby isn't ready on its own, but that has to be prefered to all the risks. So sorry you're going through all this. you are your best advocate so keep standing your ground!
    mrs_pulley

    Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

  • Ok... I would demand to get induced or if you are having contractions to let them happen if ur at home and hopefully u dialate more then go to the hospital. Unless that would make something happen to ur heart. I wouldnt get pregnant again after this. I was able to be induced at 39 weeks but went into labor at 38 1/2 weeks with this last and final pregnancy. He was 8lbs 12oz. My other pregnancys were at 39 1/2 weeks and 40 weeks and over 8lbs too. So I think u havin the baby now would be ok. You really should get that surgery and not take that medication. I would go to the hospital and yell at them to induce you and tell them ur in pain and u dont want to deal with ur heart acting up like this and ur gettin anxiety really bad about ur heart and that something might happen to the baby and that anxiety, stress, pain and ur heart acting like this isnt good for the baby.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

  • Although it is not ideal to have your baby early but I had my son at exactly 37 weeks and he was perfectly fine most babies are they didn't use to consider that preterm but now anything before 38 weeks is preterm. Long as you are pretty sure about your dates then I would go ahead your problems could be stressing the baby I would ask to have a stess test done on the baby.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

  • I would go to a hospital where a cardiologist would see me or where there is a good cardiologist. You can change doctors and hospitals even late in your pregnancy. When my pregnancy changed from low risk to very high risk I switched hospitals to a hospital with better doctors and a better NICU. I had to be admitted before I saw any of my new doctors as an outpatient and stayed in the hospital until the baby was born.
    Gailll

    Answer by Gailll at 8:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

  • I would demand to have them take the baby, and if not I would be sexing up my hubby all day and night till the baby comes they can deal with the problems way safer and better when the baby is out
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN