Macy's Employee Discount

I was hired at Macy's. And went in today to do all my paperwork. They told me that I had two choices for the member discount. I could get a Macy's Charge Account or a Macy's Pre-Paid Card which I have to put up a $100 or more deposit on. Otherwise they won't give me an employee discount. I'm a little upset by this, I'm not honestly sure I will qualify for a Macy's charge and the point of the emp. discount is to SAVE me money, if I have to put down a $100 deposit whether or not I ever use the discount, I don't see how it's saving any money!

Anyone else work there? How do you deal with the discount or do you just shop elsewhere and not worry about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Um I hear their employee discount is only 20%... what's the big deal?
    Anonymous

• i work at macys. i have the prepaid card but i didnt have to put any money down. My card actually had 50 dollars credit available on it when i got it. if i want to buy something i just have to put money on the card first.
    Anonymous

• just wanted to kow if anyone had that pre paid card number?
    Anonymous