How can I prevent stretchmarks? Products or techniques...

I am 12 weeks pregnant and I want to prevent stretch marks. I already moisturize with vaseline cocoa butter lotion after showers. My mom and sister both got stretchmarks (they're both lighter and my mom is mixed race) does anybody know of any skin creams or techniques that really work to prevent/minimize stretchmarks during pregnancy?

Tkelly3

Asked by Tkelly3 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• The best product is the Avon Anew Clinical Stretch Mark Smoother go to www.youravon.com/dhullum and type in product number 350-073 if you decide to buy it use coupon code fsany at checkout for free shipping. I use this product myself and have had amazing results. I now recommend it to all of my pregnant friends and its been great for all of them too. Let me know if you have any questions!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Some people will just get them anyway unfortunately. Drink lots of water your skin's elasticity is better if you stay well hydrated. I am sure the lotion helps some there too.
    melmel83

Answer by melmel83 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• bio oil rox it can help prevent and treat stretch marks u can visit their web site at bio-oil.com
    deanna89

Answer by deanna89 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• At about 10 weeks I started putting on baby oil after my evening shower (tummy, butt, hips, and chest) and in the morning before work I put the cocoa butter on in the same places. Good luck. I had 1 stretch mark but even my husband couldn't find it ;) Good luck!
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• cocoa butter
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I used the Palmer's 2x a day throughout the pregnancy - if it didn't work, at least I'd be moisturized :-). I got stretch marks as a teen (all over hips and butt) from a huge growth spurt, so I knew I was prone to them. NO STRETCH MARKS!!! I gained 31 lbs.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 1:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Start taking a lot of Omega-3's asap. That is what a friend (who is a mother) told me she did. She is SUPER skinny and got really big with her daughter and has not one stretch mark. She said to take it in the liquid form..i can't recall what she said it was called. I know you can take fish oil..but becareful with that some girls get a "fishy" odor from it. My doctor also gave me a perscription for DHA which you may be taking also, it has a lot of Omega 3's in it for your baby but also for you. They prepare your body for stretching. If you don't have a prescription for the DHA you can get it for around 15 dollars at walgreens or other pharmacies. I am battling stretch marks too, but don't worry even if you do get them they'll just remind you of your beautiful baby!
    babychappellmom

Answer by babychappellmom at 12:17 AM on Nov. 15, 2009