to yell or not to yell

today is my sons 2nd birthday and my ex didnt call him didnt stop by to see him should i call and rip him a new one or just let him be

liadotwtd

Asked by liadotwtd at 8:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• My daughter is seeing a conselour due to me going through a custody battle with my ex and him going to prison. He basically choose drinking over her and she is 11. The bottle line is the conselour said that I can't protect my daughter ( as much I will and will fight this all the way and do what I can) that I can't shield her from what he is going to do and that she is going to have disappointments in him, that I need to be there for her and support her , if he lies to her , he lets himself down , if he screws up again he lets himself down and he is the one missing out , in the long run your the one your child will look up to and bond with , cause your always there.
    Anonymous

• i would Just me tho :)
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Stay away from the ex as much as possible. He obviously doesn't care about his son. Forcing, or guilting him into "caring" about his son will only make the situation worse.
    F*** him! HE is the one who is missing out on raising this beautiful child. HE is the one who will have the pain and regret later in life. Let him make his own stupid mistakes.
    In the mean time do the very best you can to make your son feel loved and find a good father figure (brother, grandpa, uncle, etc) who he can look up to and learn from.
    Anonymous