How Long Did You Wait til You Told People You Were Pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• after i had my first US and heard the heartbeat, around 9 wks
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I told people as soon as I knew. I'm a terrible secret-keeper.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• With my first pregnancy I told right away, just positive that nothing bad could happen. I threatened to miscarry (but didnt) for four weeks. I learned my lesson lol. With the last pregnancy I had I tried not to tell anyone, but I had to tell my boss (my job required heavy lifting), and I told my mom, whose support I wanted if something DID go wrong. Then my big sister found a positive pregnancy test in my diaper bag from my midwife appointment right before I dropped my daughter off and so I decided to tell everyone. It took a week for all that to happen. I was 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant when we found out it was ectopic and I had to have an abortion to save my life.

Honestly, I'm glad that the cat was out of the bag (mostly) because it meant I had support for my loss.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• As soon as Dh and I found out we told a few people. My Mom included... Haha My Mom had to tell the world so thats pretty much how everyone found out. It was the same day we found out though
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 9:21 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I told everyone I knew about 2 days after I found out. It took SO 3 weeks to tell his mom though...lol
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My husband, some friends, and my co-workers knew right away. My family didn't find out, except my sister who just GUESSED right after I found out, until I was about 20 weeks, when ANOTHER sister guessed because my stomach looked a little round. I wasn't waiting to keep it from them, but there was a lot going on and my mom didn't even want me to have kids. My dad was really sick, and I was trying to wait until things settled down. I'm so glad they found out when they did, though, because my dad passed away a couple of months later.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• We told our immediate family at 10 wks. and everyone at 12 wks. once we had an ultrasound and heard a heartbeat. I did not want to miscarry and then tell everyone 'oh, I'm not pregnant after all.' I am happy we waited, but it is sooo hard not to tell anyone! It was so tortuous waiting!
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 9:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• As soon as I had confirmation from the doctor which was at 5 weeks for dd #1 and 4 weeks for the twins. I couldn't wait, it had taken almost 2 years for the first one about a year for the twins so I couldn't wait.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• We told every one right away with the first, and then we lost it at 8 weeks. With the second, we waited until 10 weeks. My son was 5 weeks early, but healthy. With our daughter, we waited until 10 weeks again, and I freaked because I thought I lost her, turned out she was a twin and we lost one. She was healthy. We haven't told my family about the 2 we lost after her. My husband slipped and told his family this past July. The last 2 miscarriages were about 4 and 5 years ago.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• my 1st child i was soo young & scare - i told my mother and she didnt believe me - til i went to that family thing and they were talking to me to get thru and they wrote a letter to my mom with test results - then she talk to my stepdad and they kick me outta the house because i didnt agree to abortion.
    my 2nd child people told me that they blve i was preggo.. lol cause i was moody and cranky and tired all the time, fighting alot with my SO who i had been dating only for like 5mnths... and boom they were right.
    Anonymous