What's with the word 'rediculous'?

I can't tell if it is some 'new' thing where people spell ridiculous this way....or if there are just a LOT of people who don't know how to spell it correctly. Anyone know?

ProudSingleMum

Asked by ProudSingleMum at 9:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL! You know, I just heard the word "reDONKulous" used on CBS's Survivor......I was wondering "WhatTheHeck?" myself.....
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• It's not knowing how to spell it. I spelled it that way too (because that's how I pronounce it) until some bitch threw it in my face and called me stupid for it. Uh, notice how everything else in my post is spelled correctly? Proper punctuation? Then it's obvious that I'm human and made a spelling error, so STFU lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• A lot of people don't care about spelling in a chat. I am one

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I don't care about spelling, really, or proper pronunciation, blah-blah-blah.......just saw an opening to share my thoughts on the comment, "Those donuts are reDONKculous" off of Survivor. Maybe I should've spelled it "riDONKculous?" lol!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• "RidicERous" - from Seinfeld..lol. I say it that way a lot, but only cause I think it's fun to make people go "Huh?" ha. But yeah..there's NO "e" in ridiculous.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 9:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Maybe I should've said "proper punctuation", lol, since clearly reDONKulous is a pronunciation thing, lol! Oops!

Ajtherad: I love Seinfeld!! Ah, "ridicERous", hahaha!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Idk, but when my 23 month old says it its really cute ^-^
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Awesome, Windy! I don't see or meet many Seinfeld fans these days. I grew up watching the show..Festivus is my kind of holiday! And that's where I learned a lot of stuff I shouldn't have know about yet. haha.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 10:53 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Or is it spelled Festivis? Hrm..
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 10:54 PM on Nov. 12, 2009