Christians, do you want to discuss this verse?

1 Corinthians 10:13
You have been put to no test but such as is common to man: and God is true, who will not let any test come on you which you are not able to undergo; but he will make with the test a way out of it, so that you may be able to go through it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It means God will never give you a challenge you are not able to handle. I know sometimes it may feel impossible, but it isn't Put your faith in God when dealing with difficult challenges and know that he is with you to help. He wouldn't give us a test we cannot handle.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 9:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• No need to discuss it, it is the story of my life! I might not like it, but I believe it wholeheartedly.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• AnnaMac got it
    ihave10kids

Answer by ihave10kids at 9:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• What annamac said
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• This verse has personal meaning in my fight to overcome addiction. It's a part of a study I did (and continue to do) as needed. To me it says:

"You are not the first person to experience this! Many feet have tread this path,Sweetie! God is still God when you are in a fix, and He will surely provide a way for you to resist this evil that tempts you. "

Then I go on to read Ephesians 6:11-18; Romans 8:37; Romans 13:14, 2 Cor.10:3-6; 2 Cor. 1:3-6; James 4:7
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• It means God will never give you a challenge you are not able to handle.
    ----------------------------------------------

God doesn't tempt us. James 1:13,14--

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempts he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed."

Temptation comes from the enemy, Satan!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Lexylex put it almost exactly as I would: "You are not the first person to experience this! Many feet have tread this path,Sweetie! God is still God when you are in a fix, and He will surely provide a way for you to resist this evil that tempts you. "
    LibbyLife

Answer by LibbyLife at 10:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• AnnaMac&Lexylex
    summed it up beautifully
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 11:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• First of all the word test that is used there is the word for temptation, not trial. Please when you are going through a hard time or someone else is don't use this verse on them. I have seen more people attempt to "encourage" people and it really beats them down. It makes people feel guilty when the stuggle in their faith.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:36 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• TeamQuinn that is because they do not see GRACE in that verse.. It is all over it, if you read it through His eyes.

He never gives us more than we can handle... do we deserve that? NO! but nevertheless because of GRACE we are given just enough to make it through so that it can build up who we are in Him, give us stronger character, integrity and honor.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2009