Is she overweight?

So my daughter was underweight just over a month ago, she was 17 months 19lbs and 29 inches. Well they had me doing stuff to boost her weight but now she is 18 months and 24lbs and 30.5 inches. She's always looked plump and healthy, but now she looks really plump and has rolls on her legs and love handles. Is she over weight or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What did they have you do for her to gain 5lbs and an inch and a half in a month!? Of course she looks over weight to you, a 5lb gain in such a short time on such a small person is going to "look" like a LOT to you.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• NOOOO! Why the hell would you think she is overweight? I am surprised she gained that much with whatever they gave you but she is fine. My older kids were big 24 pounds at 12mos but now at 5 and 6 they are a healthy weight! My baby is small 20 mos 22 pounds. I still think 24 pounds is not very big for 18mos.
    Anonymous

• no but imo 19lbs is a good weight for a 7 month old
    Anonymous

• I just worry because her father was obese as a child and she gained so fast and now is covered in rolls its most just so much of a shock that she gained. My mom said she just needed a jump start
    Anonymous

• They had me start either kids boost/pediasure/or toddler formula. They also started her on prevacid because she wasn't eating and she has silent reflux.
    Anonymous

• ???

Are you kidding me? She's not overweight at all!
    Anonymous

• I don't think she is either. I'm not sure why but my son had a big weight gain at that age too, and a drop in height percentile. He went from being 10th % in weight and 75th in height at 12 months to 50th in everything by the time he was 2. Anyway it sounds like what you're doing is helping and I wouldn't worry about her weighing too much.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• my niece is 18 months and just hit 20 lbs and the dr. was concerened before she hit that mark. She's a tiny thing too.

24 lbs is NOT overweight. Our daughter was always bigger (she was off the charts) and dr's at that age had me worried and seeing pediatric nutritionists. They said she was fine and proportional...

Honestly, in retrospect, I'd say screw them all. As long as you know you are feeding your child healthyfoods and the can take/leave it at their own will... then you're fine.

Enjoy the rolls.... they are gone too fast.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 12:48 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• my son is 19months and 25pounds and the doctor said that is perfect weight i dont see how your little girl is over weight
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 7:03 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Thanks Blueliner, I didn't think of it that way. It was just the new enfamil Toddler formula in vanilla once a day and the Prevacid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2009