How old is a baby when they stop spitting up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is different for all kids, my son is 8 months and he still spits up about once a day, just a little bit though. He spit up a lot when he was a newborn, but he really stopped doing it alot when he was about 4 months old.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My daughter will be 9 months on the 25th and still spits up a ton. It can be different for everybaby. I was told that it should slow down when they can sit up but I havent seen that and she has been sitting since 4 months old. Now she will just spitup when she sits (and then play in it if we do not get to it in time).
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Like others said, it's different for all babies. My daughter was over a year old and still spitting up, although at that point it was more like vomiting on herself and really disgusting. She had reflux and I think it took a long time to go away. Most babies don't spit up for that long though, I have no idea what is normal though.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Mine never did.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 12:00 AM on Nov. 13, 2009