Are Catholics the only ones who say the creeds? Like I believe in one God the father all mighty...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, other denominations do, too. I had to memorize them when I joined the church.

Answer by Bmat at 9:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Lutherans do... when I was Lutheran that was part of the service most often...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• The Apostle's Creed is said in the Presbyterian and Methodist churches.
    Anonymous

• is it in the bible?
    Anonymous

• is it in the bible?
    -------------------
    no, it isn't.
    Anonymous

• In my church (Baptist) we don't but I love saying them, hearing them.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• The Apostle's creed comes from very early church tradition. I believe it was written as a counter to the beliefs of Early Christian Gnosticism in support of what Apostolic Christianity says in opposition to Gnositc Christianity. Lutherans, Methodists and Presybterians (I believe Baptists, Nazarenes, and others do) also say the Apostle's creed although variations thereof may vary from church to church.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I belong to a nondenominational church. We don't memorize or say things like that, but we do sing it sometimes, so it's not that we don't agree with it, we just don't say things in unison like is often done in other churches.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• There are many Christian denominations that recite creeds. There's a good article "What's the Point of Creeds?"

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 10:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• November, I can only speak for one type of Baptist the Free will baptists and they don't. I don't think the other branches of Baptist do either. It tends to be in the more liturgical churches.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2009