Where do you turn, how do you go about exploring?

If there is a pull a feeling or something that happens that gets your wheels turning. You know there is a God just because of a few things that have happened, your heart is telling you, but how do you go about looking and digging deeper?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Meditation. LOTS of meditation. Praying. It's okay if you don't know what God you are praying to. He (or She) will hear you.
    Go to bible studies. Read the Qu'ran (sp?). Find a Pagan group in your local area. Read a book on Buddhist philosophy (some do believe in a higher power).
    learn learn learn. and then meditate on all that you've learned and what it means to you, or how it was supposed to be meant and even what it means to others. ...and WHY. why does it mean that. etc. meditate. educate and meditate.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:59 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Ask Him to reveal Himself to you : )

He says, in Jeremiah 29:13, "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." He may speak to you in a vision or a dream. But I would encourage you to start reading the Bible (maybe the book of John or Matthew about the life of Jesus).

I will also pray that you gain greater clarity. And you can PM me if you have any questions.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Ask, seek, knock.

Pray.

Find people to fellowship with.

Read the bible.

All of these things help me in my relationship with God.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:13 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• If you believe in God, ask him, !!!! Ask him tp guide you to the right path,

Then read and research and reflect, Like everything else, you are much more likely to find it if you put effort into it and go looking for it. !!!!!!!!
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 9:24 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Read the Bible, especially the book of John. If you do that with an honest heart, God will reveal more of Himself to you. Also, start attending a church that believes and teaches the Bible. You will find people there who will be anxious to help answer any questions you might have.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I agree with Nanny- start with the book of John. I love it. I've read it lots of times- and I still find different things that strike a cord with me each time I read it.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 4:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I don' t know if you're asking from a Bible-based perspective or looking for the truth that speaks to your heart and soul. I led a group for many years that focuses on the second half - with no particular religious bent, people from atheists to fundamental Christians to Buddhists, etc. all found their groove. I studied the Bible for many, many years and while it is not my sole source of religious truth, it is included. If however, you are searching for answers to the questions that tug at you and are not sure if the Bible is the right place or not, I will share some exercises that were used in the group that people found helpful. Feel free to PM me.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I would tell you to ask God to guide you. Then i would urge you to read.

when i was at a point where i wanted to live my life according to God... i picked up a copy of a quran that i had been given 3 years earlier and just shelved...as i read i always asked God to guide me to his truth and by The Creator of the Heavens and Earth, everything became crystal clear and i was guided to islam.. It took begging God for guidance and reading. When i was chrisitian i used to do the same thing but never with such clarity and profound effect so much so that i went from church to church searching, asking, begging for guidance... it came but never how i expected it. Religion is not about what you believe and desire, but about what God tells you and wills. As others have said..research.. ask questions but mainly ask God for guidance to the straight path.. If it is for you, he will guide you.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i ask the magic 8 ball lol
    Icpjuggalette

Answer by Icpjuggalette at 8:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2009