have you ever asked God to take away your free will?

I would really love to do away with it. Do what He wants, when He wants and how He wants. My life would be easier and I would love to live just how He wants. I hate temptations, I have having to fight it off, satan knows I am weak his evil is always tempting me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Your free will is what makes you human
    Anonymous

• No, because we learn from our mistakes, and our sins. We wouldn't understand forgiveness if we never needed to be forgiven. Yes, it might be easier but I want, and I believe God wants us to obey because we choose to, not as mindless robots.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Ask for the Holy Spirit's power to fill and guide you on your journey! Put on the armor! You are running a race with the incorruptible crown of eternal life as prize! Be encouraged, you can do this. God is for you, who can be against you?

We are all weak and lowly, but God is on the throne! You can make it.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• teamquinn
    if we wouldn't understand forgiveness if we never needed to be forgiven then how is a life in heaven make any sense? you won't need to be forgiven there and some of the souls who will end up in heaven (miscarried and aborted babies for example) have never had the chance to be forgiven. ...so how can they even understand the true sacrifice God and Jesus made and the deep love God has?

--Faithful4ever
    Anonymous

• Well I wouldn't do that I begin with because I don't believe in Total Free Will :-)

I have, however, asked God just to tell me what to do. I know he wants me to learn from my mistakes but there are times where I've felt a decision I made would have been wrong and caused a backlash no matter what I did. It is hard for me to hear what he wants me to do because my mind is often clouded with my own thoughts running 100 miles and hour.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

AGREED
    What pleasure would God get out of a bunch of mindless robots? Absolutely nothing, I would hate to not be able to make any choices for myself. God never said it would be easy, temptation sucks, you should ask God to help you make the right choices but if you make a mistake don't beat yourself up about it learn from it. Our Heavenly Father is a good father and like any good father He teaches us how to live right, listens when we talk to him, gives us what we need, punishes us when we do wrong, forgives us when we ask, rewards us when we do right, and loves us unconditionally. God is our Father not our dictator, so he gives us free will it's what we do with it that matters
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 11:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I have wanted to but God gives me the strength to be a light in the darkness!
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:00 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• teamquinn

I don't know, but there is a lot I don't know. I don't know how God is going to perfect their little bodies. Honestly I don't have to know. What I do know is that He has left us here to learn and to experience. And one of those things we experience is forgiveness. What happens to others honestly didn't enter my mind and doesn't affect my belief.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:25 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• No because without it I would be a servant rather than a daughter. Servants have no free will they have to do what is told of them or else but a daughter WANTS to do what is asked of her.
    I prefer to be His daughter that He loves and Adores, I would prefer to be His FRIEND rather than a servant.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Well Carrie Unerwood gets you.."Jesus take the Wheel". Love that song...got chills the first time I heard it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2009