new moon, little kids?

I've read the reviews and parent info carefully (no bad swearing, no sex other than light kissing, etc) ... is anyone else taking small kiddos to see New Moon? my son was five last week, daughter 3 1/2 next week.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Entertainment

• I have a 7 year old daughter who loves Edward, she has watched Twilight here at home a zillion times! She really wants to go see New Moon, and since we aren't going on opening night I plan to take her to see it.
    julie.r0cks

Answer by julie.r0cks at 4:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I don't think this is a movie for kids that age, I don't think a boy that age would want to sit through the movie. Now a child slightly older would be fine. I don't think anything is wrong with it, I just think they will get bored and want to leave or act up. But only you know your kids..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:04 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I wouldnt. If they get bored & disrupt the other people you'll be asked to leave.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 10:10 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I can't imagine kids that age sitting through it all - probably way too boring for them...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Good God. Please don't bring them. I have kids and I enjoy taking them to kid movies. But then there are nights I want to go out with my girlfriends or my dh and I would like to be able to sit through and enjoy an adult movie (which this is no matter if it only has "light kissing") without someone who selfishly wants to haul their kids along because they cant find a sitter or don't want to pay one. Yes, I do realize that this will get people riled, but there I times I would like some adult time.

Anonymous

• Mmm.. I think that's probably too young to want to sit through a movie that long and (to a kid) boring.

There are lots of good kids' movies out! Astroboy is one. And then there's Planet 51 that looks pretty funny!

I'd save New Moon for an adult night and take the kiddos to a cartoon. = )

Good luck!
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Why would you take little kids to a movie theater, period? Are you that bent on ruining the experience for other viewers? Get a sitter.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 12:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• You obviously haven't read New Moon. It will be much more action packed and much more scary stuff and fighting than Twilight. Twilight was very mild. Don't expect that out of the next three books.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is 5 and loves twilight. She is going with me tomorrow to see New Moon.
    Haven_Doug1013

Answer by Haven_Doug1013 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2009