is the diaper genie really worth getting?

i've heard mixed things about it. I've been told not even to register for it because it is a waste but is that true?

shorttie05

Asked by shorttie05 at 10:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I couldn't survive without mine!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 10:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• it is a waste of money, get some scented "diaper bags" at target they're like small garbage bags that are scented, put the diaper in it before you throw it away they work pretty good
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• With our next (im 6 weeks 1 day) we're getting one. I used a regular trash can with our first.. I was always changing trash ALOT.. it stinks so bad after a couple dipers.
    Though many people don't buy them on your wish list..
    Anonymous

• i love mine i change the bag about every 2wks i'd say it's worth it because either your house is gonna smell or your going to put money into the scented diaper bags so why not get that for 20 dollars and about 7 dollars every 2wks
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 10:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I have heard mixed feelings about the diaper genie as well but I LOVE MINE!!! The refills here run about 5-6 dollars depending on if they are on sale and they last about 3 weeks. I have the diaper genie II and I think it is great.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I loved mine so much that when #2 came along and #1 was still in diapers, we bought a 2nd diaper genie so that we could have one in each room! The refills last longer than you might think, and save you from having to take out your garbage multiple times a day from the rotten stench :) If you don't get one as a gift, it's a great investment, in my opinion.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My friend had one and her kids room smelled like crap all the time. I use a regular trash can with a lid and use the little scented bags. I empty it once a week when the trash goes out. I think it's a total waste of money to buy a Diaper Genie.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Yes it's a waste. My sister had one and after a month the baby's room smelled so bad she just got rid of it. I've personally never used one, for this reason.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I absolutely LOVE my diaper genie! I have the Diaper Genie 2 Elite and it is great! Doesn't smell like poo or pee at all! Not even when I empty it!. It's so convienent. The only negative I would say about it is that I have to empty it probably 2 times a week and the refills get used up really quickly. Other than that its awesome!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I love my diaper genie. You dont have to empty it every time theres a dirty diaper and it keeps the smell out. After I empty it out i take scented disinfectant and spray it down. It can get smelly if you dont clean it. I would get one. They're not expensive and it's worth it
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2009