How much should my 4 month old be eating

My daughter is almost 4 months old 2months adj age. How much should she be eating each feeding? She normally eats 4 ounces every 3 hours. Once in a while she will eat 6.like tonight she ate 4 at 6pm 2 at 7:30 and 4 more at 9:30. If I make 6 at one time I end up throwing away almost 2 ounces because she will not drink it. Should I make the six each time just in case or keep doing like I am doing and make four ounces and if she wants more then fix two more ounces??? What do you ladies think I should do?? Thanks for the advice and help

lilyemama

Asked by lilyemama at 10:03 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 4 months and he is eating 4 6-7 ounce bottles a day.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Why don't you just try giving her 5 ounces?
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Thats the same thing i do bc ur baby isnt gonna want to eat the same amount every time.... do we? lol my son usually wants 4 oz and then later 2 and at bed time he almost always wants 6 i d say u r doing great
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Thank you so much. The doctor said that she is growing good and is gaining weight. So I guess I will keep doing what I have been doing so that she is happy and healthy
    lilyemama

Answer by lilyemama at 10:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I was having the same issue. i bought a rubbermaid 32oz container and i make 24oz of formula everyday. I start with 4oz in a bottle and if he seems to want more i give him an ounce at a time after that. As long as its the same feeding then using the same bottle is ok. I have cut down a bunch in the amount i am wasting and as we all know formula is VERY expensive.
    BeccasSky

Answer by BeccasSky at 2:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My 4 month old eats 6 6 to 7oz bottles plus 2 meals of solids.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:07 AM on Nov. 14, 2009