Are Band-Aids good or bad?

I always thought they were good, but than I heard that they aren't because they keep the wound from breathing....so which is it?

mamie2shoes

Asked by mamie2shoes at 10:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It keeps the wound from gettin dirty and helps heal ... and as long you dont keep it on for long .. so i think they are good. It always helps my kids get heal up faster, and i always take it off at end day and put new one on of course after cleaning the wound.
    20_mama_3

Answer by 20_mama_3 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Well, if the wound is bleeding, of course you should bandage it. I usually leave one on, then when it quits bleeding I take it off.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• lol like pp said while it's bleeding yes put a bandaid on the wound but once it scabs over, no more bandaids
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• depends on the band aid. I am allergic to the glue they use in the latex free band aids
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Better to cover up a wound to keep out germs. And along with Neosporin, the cut will heal faster. Moist heals better than dry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I always feel like it's letting the skin breathe. Band-Aids are impossible to live without for me. I have a hard time not scratching things if I can see them so I have to cover up scabs until they're gone.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 3:23 AM on Nov. 13, 2009