Does this sound like there's something wrong?

For as long as I can remember, unless I was on birth control pills, I have had painful periods. Like, REALLY painful. I had a few not so bad ones right after my period came back when I had my daughter. Now I have ovulatory pain that feels like my ovaries are swollen. I have cramps like crazy the first day of my period that puts me in bed. I had an ectopic pregnancy in June.

It all seems related to me. Does it sound like something is wrong with me? If so... what could it be?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Health

• You may have a medical issue.
    Some women with menstrual issues find great relief with a vegan diet (the hormones in meat and dairy wreak havoc in women).
    There is a Chinese herb called dong kwai (or dung quay or similar) that may help.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:29 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I would go to your OB/GYN and request a vaginal ultrasound. It could possibly all be related but if there's something that has changed, pain, cramps or whatever, it's better to find out if something more is causing the symptoms.
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• First of all make an appointment to see your OBGYN.  He/she needs to know what is happening with your cycle. I don't know how your OBGYN handles their appointments, but I would ask to have a Pelvic Ultrasound on the same day when you go in.  This will save on you having to go back the following week. Your body has not had a period for 9 months so your cycles will be different.  It is best to get this addressed now then wait a year down the road and find out that there was something wrong all along.  It might not be anything but at least you addressed it early on.   Your body is still healing and trying to get back to how it use to be.  Don't worry.  Make that appointment.  What a precious picture.  Blessings to you and your new little one.   

delmarnative

Answer by delmarnative at 12:10 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Delmarnative, actually, she's 18 months old and I have had my period back since December of last year (still nursing though, go us!) On top of that, my periods have always been painful, unless I was on the birth control pill, and even then sometimes they were. this is a lifelong problem I've had. Thank you for the blessings, though :)

I'll make an appointment tomorrow. I've always wondered what could be wrong. Hope I'll find out!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• You may have ovarian cysts. Call your OBGYN.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Nov. 13, 2009