Werz the poop?????

I have a 2 month old little boy who hasn't pooped in nearly 5 days. I breastfeed most of the time and sometimes use formula. We just switched from Similac to Enfamil, but aside from the occasional grunting and groaning to pass gas and/or trying to poop, he seems just fine. Does anyone else have any experience with the hopefully normality of no poops???

ristosmommy

Asked by ristosmommy at 10:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• normal for a bf'd baby
    Anonymous

• Yep, normal. Sorry.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 10:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Well switching between BM and 2 different types of formula will definatlety bunn the little one up. But it's not unusal for BF baby not poo for a couple of days.
    Anonymous

• it's not unusual for a ff'd baby to not poo for a couple days either my son dosen't poop every day and he's on similac he's fine though, just poots alot :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• When my son was 4 months old he went 17 days without poohing..

I never gave formula though I do not know what that would do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• 6 wk baby girl, breastfeeding but just started adding half of formula milk mixed with brstmilk. She seems to be very satisfied and happy with this but she toots alot and hasnt pooped for three days. My mom use to add just a LITTLE Karo syrup to the milk-just for a short time -it always helped. We'll see!
    Adrismamaw

Answer by Adrismamaw at 8:49 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• It worked! She finally pooped. Used the clear, not dark due to ingredients in dark, Karo syrup. Put 1/4 t. in 4 oz. milk (2 enfamil isomil & 2 Brst milk) two separate times the first day. The second day we just dipped baby finger 3 times and let her suck off the clear syrup, this isnt much syrup but that night she pooped. Won't continue the syrup since she has began her bowel movement. But I would do it again if she gets constipated.
    Adrismamaw

Answer by Adrismamaw at 10:20 AM on Nov. 14, 2009