Baby daddy dilemma

I've never been great at relationships. My boyfriend and I moved in together when I was 2 months pregnant (were friends prior but not together) and things were great until the end of the pregnancy. My poor boyfriend can't seem to do anything right. He tries so hard and I just seem to treat him like shit. My moods are crazy and everyone tells me it's because my hormones are raging but I think it's more than just that as I have a past history. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that my friends stopped coming around when I got pregnant (I couldnt drink or party or anything anymore) and so I came to rely on him pretty heavily for my own happiness. But now that the baby is here, I seem to just be getting worse and worse. I want to be good to him, but just dont seem to have the patience for anything anymore. Just wanted to see if maybe anyone else is in a similar type of relationship.

ristosmommy

Asked by ristosmommy at 10:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You know your not doing anything wrong, it's your hormones acting their worse lol, when
    I was 5 months pregnant My best friend and I had our biggest argument,m and are No longer friends.:( It hurts soo much because I never thought that would happen. But on the bright side just explain to your b/f that it's not u, it's the hormones readjusting. Good luck. Hope this helps.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 10:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Funny you say that cos I'm no longer friends with mine now either!
    ristosmommy

Answer by ristosmommy at 11:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• things may settle out as you mature. consider talking to a therapist for real help.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Take a deep breath. Everything will get back to normal soon. And Soon you will realize the little things dont matter anymore and the only thing that does matter is your child and your SO! Try not to be so uptight. Just take a deep breath walk away and come back in a few min......before lashing out! You dont wanna run him off to, do you?

Gook Luck Momma, It will get better!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 1:25 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• you've acknowledged your behavior so that's a first step!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• your actions aren't going to do anything but make him want to go away. I understand you wanting everything to go your way but relationships are about give and take....compromise. The baby is the most important thing in your life now not how your boyfriend acts, speaks, how he changes the baby, does the dishes or leaves his clothes everywhere. If he bugs you let him know what hes doing that annoys you otherwise dont expect anything to change. Men need instructions they are not intuitive as we women are...they dont take subtle hints. Its all about what you are willing to let go of .....what's most important to you? dont sweat the small shit and enjoy the beautiful baby you two have made.
    BeccasSky

Answer by BeccasSky at 2:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2009