CONSERVATIVES: Why are you opposed to abortions being coverage by insurance policies?

After all, the Republican National Commitee opted to have them on their health plans.

http://www.newser.com/story/73922/rnc-insurance-plan-covers-employees-abortions.html

RNC Insurance Plan Covers Employees' Abortions

The RNC gets its coverage from Cigna, which offers clients the opportunity to opt out of the abortion coverage. The RNC chose not to do so, say Cigna employees. "No surprise," adds a Planned Parenthood official. “It’s an employer that wants to provide standard health benefits for its employees," she said. "That’s why the Stupak amendment goes too far in tak

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Since when do we agree with politicians? Did I miss something?

Also, same q is about three questions beneath this one.

Oh, and btw, they didn't realize it and are fixing it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I don't agree with taxpayer subsidized abortions. I don't have a problem with those that want to pay extra for insurance to do it or if they want to pay out of their pocket, but it is unfair to make others pay for an elective procedure. And just because the RNC opted to have it in their insurance plan doesn't mean that I agree with it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I am completely against abortion therefore, I would not want the country or my taxes, especially to be supportive of something that I believe should be abolished.
    Anonymous

• Insurance shouldn't pay for one optional procedure (abortion) and not pay for all optional procedures (breast augmentation, lipo, other cosmetic surgery). If a woman wants to have an abortion she should pay for it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I don't want my tax $$ going to killing babies.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Isn't this answer obvious?

If you want to commit murder, do it on YOUR dime.
    Chickie12

Answer by Chickie12 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Was this like the lead story on MSNBC or Huff post or something?
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I have a question...is this healthplan going to include paying for all fertility treatments?

Why is it okay to kill a life, but try ot make one...and that costs too much money? If paying a little more in taxes went to fertility treatments for women, yup, i'm all for that.

So, i guess you can figure out why i'm against abortion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I am pro-choice but I can answer this question. It's fundamentally the inability to compromise and reason. Religion is the main staple that fuels the conservative outlook. When that's in place, little can probably ever get them to reverse that position.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 12:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• A spokeswoman for the National Republican Congressional Committee – the campaign arm for the House Republicans – said it does not include coverage for elective abortions in its employee insurance policy.

“The policy does not cover abortions unless the life of the mother is in danger,” the NRCC spokeswoman said.

You shouldn't steal someones post Anon. And what is hilarious is you obviously forgot to look into it or you would have seen where the above quote was in the actual article.

Also this was in the article you posted...

"We are taking steps to address the issue," says an RNC spokeswoman, adding that the policy goes back to 1991

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 13, 2009