what could have bitten me?

a few days ago i noticed a bug bite the size of a mosquito bite on my thigh. it itched, so i scratched it a little, and didn't think much of it. but about an hour later i noticed it had gotten a lot bigger, maybe the size of a golf ball, it is slightly raised, and a pink color, looks like a giant mosquito bite, but i don't think a mosquito bit me. today, it has gotten to the size of a soft ball. it is flatter than yesterday, but still slightly raised. any idea of what could have bitten me? i remember maybe a year ago i had something similar to this on my other leg. it started small, but got bigger. i never knew what it was the had bitten, me, but after a week or two it went away on its own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i know its not a spider bite cause there are no bite marks.
    Anonymous

• Time to see a dr.. It could be anything.
    Anonymous

• When my oldest child was little he would get mosquito bites that would swell to the diameter of a tennis ball. When we talked to his doctor about it she said that it was likely a bit of an allergy to the mosquito saliva and it should be fine. She said to look out for bright red streaks, increased swelling upwards, like raised. Also if it got really hot and bright red it could be infected. I would look for those things and not worry too much unless you have any of these symptoms.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2009