Is this normal or a little weird???

My brother in law who is 18 tries to be my husband. Everything my husband does he tries to follow. He got a job where my husband works. My husband created a myspace and where it asks what kind of movies he likes my husband put blood,guts,fingers,and toes (he likes horror). I was just looking at my brother in laws myspace and it said the exact same thing. He tells everybody at work that he has a wife and kid but he doesnt. He tries to copy his mannerisims and sayings and he looks just like him. And sometimes I'll catch him staring at me. At first I told my husband that he just envies him but lately it's been a little creepy. Is it normal for him to look up to his older brother this much or is it something else?

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Imitation is the highest form of flattery...but definitely a little creepy!
    jessflynn

Answer by jessflynn at 11:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Uh... definitely a little weird.
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 11:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• It sounds a little creepy to me.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I would say thats a little weird. Why don't you have your husband talk to him about it? man to man!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 11:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Ok are you sure he is trying to be your husband or is trying to be like his brother?
    Anonymous

• thats wierd. he might murder ur hubby or something
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I'd be a little freaked out.....if it really bothers you then start keeping a journal of everything you notice the same then check it out after it's full or it's been a few months or you notice a pattern.
    are you the only one who notices these things?
    have hubby change something and it not be his "style" and see if brother changes too and hubby will be watching too and could maybe say something and help him out
    me-n-mygirls

Answer by me-n-mygirls at 11:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• My husband has talked to him about it numerous times but my BIL is either in denial or just wont admit anything. i feel like he wants my husbands life. My husband is the only sibling out of 5 kids that hasn't ended up in prision or homeless and i understand looking up to your sibling but it makes me uncomfortable. Its like my husband has a younger doppleganger,
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Not just a little, but extremely creepy! Has he ever had mental or behavior problems that you know of? Trust your gut always! You say you catch him staring at you sometimes, well does it make you feel uncomfortable and creeped out? Have you talked to your husband about your feelings and does he take them seriously? Talk to your mother in law if possible and if you feel comfortable doing so.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I thought it was him trying to be like his brother at first but it seems like he doesnt have an identity of his own. He lies to everyone constantly about everything. Its okay to look up to someone but when you dont have your own identity it becomes weird.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:44 PM on Nov. 12, 2009